Favicon tricks in WordPress and Blogger/Blogspot
If you’re using a free account in WordPress, here’s a two-step trick to add favicon on your WordPress blog.
No need to upload, generate favicon file, download and edit header HTML. Just follow these easy steps:
1. First, you need an image. Personalized it, probably this would eat most of your time than actual setting it as your favicon 🙂
2. Go to Dashboard, select General > Settings. Under Blog Picture, upload the image you want to set as your favicon then SAVE changes.
Whalla!!! You have now an instant favicon in your WordPress 🙂
For Blogspot users, we are lucky to have access on the HTML settings of our blog.
1. Again you also need a copy of the image in JPG format.
2. Go to Favicon Generator, select the desired image to upload and click ” Create Favicon.”
3. Right click on the generated icon and save image as PNG in your desired location.
4. Login to your Blogspot account, create a new post and upload your favicon as an image. With this, Blogger hosts the image and allocates a URL for the uploaded PNG. You need to save this post as draft but not necessarily publish it, only for your icon to be hosted. From the post, copy the image URL as highlighted below.
5. In your Dashboard, go to Layout > Edit HTML. In between<head> and</head> tags, paste the following codes:
<link href='favicon URL source' rel='shortcut icon'/>
6. Edit href by replacing the image URL you copied from your post. This time it should look like this:
<link href='http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9gl9ClBHvEY/ShPe06TcbSI/AAAAAAAAARs/ 6UQNJlXNIT8/s320/g.png' rel='shortcut icon'/>
7. Save your template. And now you can view your favicon in your Blogger page.
Simply amazing =) I enjoyed setting it both in my WordPress and Blogspot pages.