Jmeter: Monitor Results
Monitor Results is one of the many listeners that Jmeter offers free at its best.
This is a reporting tool that allows us to view the status of our server while the test is being executed.
But note that this listener works only for Tomcat5 or newer versions.
Once you have created/recorded your scripts:
1. Add Listener>Monitor Results
2. Add Sampler>HTTP Request and placed it before all your other samplers
3. Change the Name field to “Server Status”.
4. Enter the IP address or Hostname
5. Enter the port number
6. Set the Path field to “/manager/status” if you’re using Tomcat.
7. Add a request parameter named “XML” in uppercase. Give it a value of “true” in lowercase.
8. Check “Use as Monitor” at the bottom of the sample.
9. Add Config element>HTTP Authorization Manager
10. In the HTTP Authorization Manager, leave the base URL blank
11. Enter your web server’s login(username and password)
These should make your Monitor Results works and allows you to view the Health, Load, Memory and Thread lines as you run your load test. FTW!